With graduation season winding down, I’ve read my fair share of commencement speeches and words of wisdom, some better than others. This got me thinking about what I would say and LUCKY YOU, I’m going to share. Mine is a simple list. Enjoy!
Kristen’s Rules for A Good Life (Or Best Attempt at One Anyway…)
- Make friends with people who make you laugh. By God you’re going to need them.
- Don’t Judge.
- Talk to strangers. They’re so interesting!
- Be humble. People already know how great you are, no need to remind them.
- Don’t complain. No one cares and it’s boring.
- You can do anything you truly want to do.
- Make an ass out of yourself, it feels good.
- It’s the little things in life that make you the happiest.
- Just when you think it can’t get worse, sometimes it does. (See #1 for help)
- Don’t hold a grudge. It’s tiring.
- Always take the high road. You’ll never meet anyone of value on the low road.
- Work hard. It feels good.
- Learn to be your own best friend.
- There’s not much a glass of wine and your favorite song can’t help.
- Give compliments.
- Take care of your body, you’ll need it later.
And, the bonus which I’ve mentioned before, Life is Too Short to Eat Stale Bread!
Now get out there and start living your life. The world is your oyster, no time like the present, today is the first day of the rest of your life, a penny saved is a penny earned, blah, blah; blah..